The clubhouse burst into flames in the early afternoon of Friday, May 9, 1924, apparently due to defective wiring near the roof. Property damage totaled approximately $100,000. The clubhouse was promptly rebuilt. A comparison of early photos of the clubhouse prior to its destruction in 1924 and photos of the reconstructed building show little difference in appearance. The new design was essentially the same except the new clubhouse was made fireproof. The new clubhouse formally opened Wednesday evening, July 1, 1925 with a formal dinner dance attended by 450 people.