Reynolds College Scholarship
The Druid Hills Golf Club Foundation awards the Wayne Reynolds Scholarship Grant, a four-year $3,000 annual scholarship, which helps qualified junior golfers with their college tuition. The purpose of the scholarship is to encourage and promote the attainment of higher educational goals for Students who have demonstrated successful participation in a junior golf program in Georgia.
The Scholarship was founded by Wayne Reynolds, a long time member of Druid Hills Golf Club. He wanted to leave something special for the Club, a benefit to the community and wanted to give the members of Druid Hills something to be proud of. Wayne and his family chose to help junior golfers with an opportunity to attend college by establishing the four year Reynolds Scholarship Grant. Since its inception in 1998, the Reynolds Scholarship has been awarded to 32 junior golfers.
The purpose of the Wayne Reynolds Scholarship is to encourage and promote the attainment of higher educational goals for students who have demonstrated successful participation in a golf program in Georgia. The Foundation will provide yearly grants for deserving undergraduate students at accredited two or four year colleges or universities.
Any individual who meets the following requirements may apply for a grant:
- Is a graduate of a public or private Georgia high school and a legal resident of Georgia;
- Has been accepted at a two or four year accredited college or university as a full time student (as defined by the college or university);
- Has demonstrated academic achievement and potential by achieving at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA and an ACT or SAT score at or above the national average;
- Has demonstrated athletic ability by successful participation in an organized junior golf program;
- Can demonstrate the need for financial aid;
- Has demonstrated exemplary personal character;
- Has registered with Selective Service, as required.
Note: Children, grandchildren, nephews, nieces of members of the Scholarship Committee are not eligible to be applicants.
III. SCHOLARHIP GRANTS
The Scholarship Committee shall award grants for tuition and housing to the applicants it considers most deserving. The Scholarship Committee shall base its decision only on the information contained in the application, references, and personal interviews with the applicants. The grants shall be awarded without regard to the applicant’s age, race, sex, religion, or national origin. If any applicant has submitted any false or misleading information during the application process, the grant shall be terminated.
Scholarship grants are for $3,000.00 per year and are renewable for four years provided certain criteria are met. The number of grants shall be determined by the Scholarship Committee in its discretion. The Scholarship Committee shall pay the grant directly to the educational institution.
IV. SELECTION OF WINNERS
Scholarship recipients will be selected based upon the combination of the following criteria:
- Financial Need
- High School Grades/College Grades
- Class Rank
- ACT/SAT Scores
- Extracurricular Activities
- Written Statement of Personal Goals
- Interview with the Scholarship Committee, if selected as a finalist.
To be considered for a Wayne Reynolds Scholarship grant, the applicant must see that all of the required information is sent to the foundation with a postmark on, or before THE LAST FRIDAY IN APRIL. An incomplete or late application submitted by the applicant will not be eligible for consideration. Download application here.
Any inquiries should be sent:
Druid Hills Golf Club Foundation
c/o Druid Hills Golf Club
740 Clifton Road, N.E.
Atlanta, GA 30307
Please direct any questions to the Druid Hills Golf Club Foundation Advisory Board at 404-377-1766. Leave a message with the receptionist and your call will be returned.