The Druid Hills Golf Club is excited to find an experienced and enthusiastic Restaurant Sous Chef to join our talented culinary team!
~ Competitive Pay ~ Teaching Environment ~ Scratch Kitchen ~Comprehensive Health Insurance ~ PTO and Holiday Pay ~ 401(k) Matching ~ Golf Privileges ~ Parking and Meals ~ and much more!
Responsible for day-to-day operation of kitchen and club restaurant outlets. Delegates task and duties to cooks in food service departments keeping membership satisfaction at the forefront at all times. Instrumental in achieving current food service goals and budgets. Works in conjunction with the Executive Chef and Executive Sous. Accountable for food and labor costs. Instrumental in the hiring, training and disciplining of employees in the kitchen. Plans daily menus; requisitions needed foodstuffs; inspects portioning and garnishing of foods; supervises and assists cooks in preparing, cooking, and serving meats, sauces, vegetables, soups and cold foods; expedites line during lunch and dinner service. Executes all other requests delegated by the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef.
- Responsible for all menus and food products served in the club restaurants.
- Provide training manuals for each station and updating them prior to new menu rollouts.
- Daily inspections to make sure team is adhering to the highest quality of ingredient and method of execution to ensure member satisfaction
- Visible in the front of the house with members to form relationships and be accessible for their requests
- Hold daily lineups with the culinary team.
- With the Executive Sous Chef, manages payroll and paperwork necessary for new employees and terminations.
- Communicates with Executive Chef and kitchen employees daily to update them on daily operation.
- Has effective communication with the respective Hostess, Banquet Captains, and FOH staff.
- Oversees daily inventories of sauces, stocks, bases, dressings, etc. Establishes based on inventory and business forecast
- Manages food production to consistently ensure the highest quality preparation and presentation
- Maintains professional standards of conduct and appearance at all times and manages by example
- Checks readiness of line prior to service
- Adheres to established food cost and labor goals. Takes corrective actions to ensure financial goals are attained
- Attends management meetings and holds kitchen meetings. Conducts daily meetings with subordinates to ensure consistency of product, highest level of sanitation and hygiene in kitchen is met.
- Delegates responsibility and authority to subordinates for specific tasks and follows up. Provides clear and complete instruction, states expectations precisely and uses subordinates capabilities most effectively.
- Evaluates subordinates and apprentices on and ongoing basis and takes corrective actions accordingly. Follows progressive discipline procedures and policies.
- Reports equipment deficiencies to maintenance at once or contacts the Executive Chef if severe.
- Assists in preparing Performance Evaluations of all non-salaried kitchen staff and reviews with Chef and Executive Sous Chef.
- Responsible for weekly labor costs. Writes weekly schedules adhering to set labor guidelines without sacrificing quality of product or service. Submits Overtime to Executive Chef for approval.
- Responsible for daily and weekly inventories and ordering, in conjunction with the purchasing team. Ensures all items received are of the highest quality product possible.
- Completes assigned tasks given by the Executive chef in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Is sensitive to member and guest requests and tries to accommodate any reasonable special request.
- Prepares reports and performs administrative duties as assigned by Executive Chef.
- Writes, costs and implements menus in conjunction with the Executive Chef, according to established cooking philosophies.
- Initiates, builds, prepares, implements and changes on an ongoing basis station booklets, recipes, guidelines and standards for all food served.
- Presents him/herself in the most professional manner at all times, showing his/her leadership and self-control and works towards a common goal within the food and beverage operation
- Maintains a complete day-to-day knowledge of menus preparation and presentation.
- Manages dating, labeling and covering in walk in coolers and freezers.
- Maintains safety and security in workstation. Follows all proper OSHA safety guidelines for the kitchen
- Performs material handling tasks, which may require bending, stooping and lifting at least 50 pounds of weight.
- Assists the banquet chef when necessary to communicates with banquet staff to ensure all events receive the highest quality food items and service in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A culinary degree or ACF equivalent is preferred
- At least 2 years prior restaurant experience in high volume fine dining, hotels or private clubs. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Serve safe certification is preferred, and/or has a sound understanding of sanitation practices and the ability to obtain Servsafe certification.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Must be able to stand long durations, up to 8 hours
- Able to understand and communicate the English language
- Must be able to communicate effectively to team members and managers
- Possess a team member spirit and work closely with others
- Have a sense of urgency and meet required deadlines
- Strive to exceed member expectations
- Strong attention to details
- Anticipate needs and be consistent in delivering superior experiences
- Have caring and respect for all; act with the utmost integrity
- Able to do simple arithmetic
- Understating of how kitchen equipment operates
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; possess the ability to learn new computer software
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per company standards.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the club. This includes nights, weekends and holidays. All employees are required to fully comply with Druid Hills Golf Clubs rules and regulations.
This job posting is not an exclusive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. Druid Hills Golf Club is an equal opportunity employer and drug free work place. Background Checks, skills test and professional Reference Checks are required. EOE/M/F/D/V
Benefits include comprehensive health insurance coverage, 401k, PTO/Holiday pay, free employee parking, complimentary employee meals and golf privileges, and opportunities for professional development. Out of town applicants may be eligible for temporary housing assistance.
* Serious Applicants Only Please*
HOW TO APPLY:
Complete Online Application. Send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to Chef JohnMichael Lynch, firstname.lastname@example.org