General Maintenance Technician
Located just three and a half miles from downtown Atlanta, Druid Hills Golf Club is an exclusive private club situated in the heart of a historic neighborhood near Fernbank Museum and Emory University
Druid Hills Golf Club is seeking a highly skilled and exceptional General Maintenance Technician to be a part of our Repair & Maintenance team! The primary qualifications of the qualified individual must be able to multitask, have excellent organizational skills, be extremely versatile, and have at least 5 years’ experience in the upscale hotel or private club environment performing the following tasks: drywall repair, painting, umbrella repair, windows/doors repair, pressure washing, maintain lighting in buildings, hang pictures, and all other general maintenance projects. As a member of the Facilities team, this position reports to the Lead Maintenance Technician and Director of Facilities.
*Qualified and Serious Applicants Only Please*
Additional Core Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for all off- site material pick- up and delivery.
- Responsible for the general maintenance shop, including and not limited to furniture repair, building envelope maintaining (doors, windows, walls ceilings, gutters, siding, trim.)
- Keeps the work shop area safe, clean and well lighted. Provides clean up following large projects.
- Participate in daily meetings to disseminate information, discuss problems & solutions, etc. Participates as an active member of the staff in improving the service and operation of the Club.
- Serve as a member of the emergency response team. Be aware of all safety and evacuation procedures and maintain knowledge of role.
- Maintains positive attitude with all staff and members.
- Support the Maintenance team on large projects as well as routine maintenance tasks.
- 5+ years’ experience in the upscale hotel, resort or private club industry
- Applicant must have a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, and be familiar with driving in the city of Atlanta and surrounding areas.
- Comprehensive knowledge of preventive general maintenance
- Highly skilled in painting, carpentry/cabinet making projects & cabinet maintaining
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Average typing and computer ability required in order to administer Facility Dude computer software
- Must be a team player, be able to multi-task, and speak, read and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace. Versatility required.
- Customer service mindset – willing to consistently exceed member expectations and keep the facility in superb condition.
- High attention to detail, follow through on work tasks, integrity for the position and environment
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, stretch, pull, lift and tolerate working in environments of varying temperatures. Frequent and continuous walking and standing are required throughout the working day.
- Exposure to loud noise level, temperature fluctuations, and chemicals.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. to 75 lbs. on a regular basis.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per company standards. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the club. This position requires mornings, weekends and holidays. Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Druid Hills Golf Clubs rules and regulations.
This job posting is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. Druid Hills Golf Club is an equal opportunity employer and drug free work place. Background Checks, Skills Test, Motor Vehicle check, and professional Reference Checks are required. EOE/M/F/D/V
Benefits include exceptional pay, comprehensive health insurance coverage, 401k, PTO/Holiday pay, free employee parking, complimentary employee meals and golf privileges, and opportunities for professional development.