Director of Human Resources
Druid Hills Golf Club is seeking a self-motivated and dynamic Human Resources Director to join the senior management team! The Human Resources Director will be responsible for the recruiting, on boarding and supporting a staff of approximately 200 year round employees, plus seasonal staff; administering payroll, assuring compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local wage and hour regulations, worker’s compensation and related laws, and managing the Club’s benefit programs. This position reports directly to the General Manager.
- Manages the Club’s personnel program; assists in the development/implementation of applicable policies and procedures; processes various labor staffing reports; coordinates software applications to generate required information.
- Develops/places recruitment ads; plans recruitment strategies; screens applicants and makes hiring recommendations.
- Conducts/reviews wage and benefit surveys; proposes employee benefits enhancements to the General Manager. Monitors overall benefits strategy.
- Coordinates the development and publication of the employee newsletter.
- Coordinates all employee record keeping functions.
- Continually reviews and assists in updating the Employee Handbook and personnel-related policies; assists in the management of the Club’s progressive discipline program.
- Manages the Club’s group insurance, unemployment and related benefits programs; communicates benefits information to staff. Administers Open Enrollment.
- Administers and supports performance appraisal process.
- Keeps current with ever-changing laws and regulations relating to employees; assures compliance with these laws and regulations.
- Advises line managers about discipline, discharge and related matters.
- Provides general property orientation for new employees; assists in the development/implementation of departmental or specific training and development programs.
- Assists Payroll Coordinator in processing payroll. Serve as primary contact for Payroll Provider. Process W-2 and 1095’s.
- Coordinates transfer, promotion and layoff strategies within the Club.
- Benchmarks the Clubs’ employee recruitment and selection processes with others in the industry and explores new strategies as appropriate.
- Establishes employee motivation and retention programs
- Organizes employee recognition functions and activities such as Holiday party and other outings.
- Compiles and adheres to departmental budget; takes corrective actions as necessary to help assure that budget goals are met.;
- Oversees all work-related injury claims to ensure integrity, on-going case management and reporting compliance. OSHA reporting and ongoing safety training as required.
- Maintains office and copier supplies and service for respective administrative area.
- Conducts labor analyses, staff planning and other studies or special projects as needed or as requested by the General Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Human Resources Management.
- A minimum of 5 years progressive HR experience, preferably within the hospitality or private club industry.
- Demonstrated experience with multiple human resources disciplines, including benefits, compensation, compliance, employee services, and on-boarding.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential along with the ability to communicate on several levels.
- Strong computer and organizational skills, including proficiency in use of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to prioritize in a faced-paced environment and manage multiple projects that overlap in timeframes.
- Ability to analyze HR problems and develop effective strategies that balance multiple factors, including legal regulations, company culture, and best practices.
- Customer-service orientation, with a focus on understanding and meeting the needs of staff across the Club.
- SHRM or HRCI certification preferred but not required
We offer competitive wages, an excellent benefits package with comprehensive insurance and 401(k), bonus potential, professional education and association opportunities, golf privileges and an enjoyable work environment.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Druid Hills Golf Clubs rules and regulations. This job posting is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. Druid Hills Golf Club is an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace. Criminal Background Checks and Professional Reference Checks are required.