Club History

In 1894, working at the height of his powers, Frederick Law Olmsted, the greatest landscape architect in American history, crafted from the rolling contours of a forest on Atlanta's east side a new neighborhood of oak canopied streets and public parks and promenades that would become renowned for its natural beauty and historic significance. At the heart of this community, Olmsted set aside 180 pristine acres graced by three streams and tall hardwoods as the site of a future golf course that would stretch between the neo-classical campus of Emory University and the wide, park-lined boulevard of Ponce de Leon Avenue.